On Mon 22 Jan 2024 at 06:36:57 (+0200), Anssi Saari wrote:
> Geert Stappers <stapp...@stappers.nl> writes:
> >
> > Here on a laptop does `ip link` see a WIFI device,
> > but `nmcli device` does not.
>
> And you're sure wwx028037ec0200 is a WIFI device? My WWAN device
> sometimes comes up with a wwx ID like that, sometimes wwan0. I even
> explicitly rename it to wwan0 if that happens to make life easier.

I think that's a different device, for use with mobile networks.
AIUI that would involve a SIM card, and someone footing the bill.

Of course, it's always possible that distant memories of such usage,
now elapsed, could lead one to suppose that the machine had been
wifi-connected when it hadn't. In our household, we were using WWAN
long before WiFi, when I was still in the world of 33.6 modems.

Cheers,
David.