On 1/30/24 1:40 PM, The Wanderer wrote:
/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-S65GMD/8-marco-common_1.24.1-3_all.deb (--unpack):
   trying to overwrite
'/usr/share/themes/Gorilla/metacity-1/metacity-theme-1.xml', which is
also in package gnome-themes-more 0.9.0.deb0.8

Where do you get 'gnome-themes-more' from? At least as far as I can tell
without more digging, it isn't in current stable or testing.

It *is* available on archive.debian.org and snapshot.debian.org, with
that version number, but based on the timestamps it doesn't seem to have
been updated since 2010.

Dunno ... probably it became orphaned after upgrading from some previous releases. I used apt-forktracer to get rid of some packages before upgrading to bullseye, but many packages were still listed there. I was cautious and did not want to remove all of those just like that ...

My first default would be to remove gnome-themes-more (possibly with
apt, possibly directly with dpkg), then try the '--fix-broken' step
again.

Assuming that works, I'd then follow it up by repeating the full-upgrade
step just to make sure, and then after that - if I really wanted
gnome-themes-more - try to reinstall it (preferably using an updated
package, if you can get your hands on one).

Thanks for advice. I tried to remove that package with apt at first, to no avail, but dpkg was successful. Then the '--fix-broken' step and the full-upgrade step performed without errors.

Misko