Am 01.02.2024 um 18:03:47 Uhr schrieb sko...@uns.ac.rs:

> I am not sure what do you mean by "install that architecture". I have
> been using i386 versions of Debian, and I do not plan to reinstall it
> now just because the CPU may allow that. So instead, I ask whether it
> was expected and properly when Synaptic installed lots of 64-bit
> stuff during Wine installation from repo. Was it ok or not? Or shall
> I remove it and follow instructions from WineHQ website?

According to documentation I found in the internet, it is possible to
upgrade a Debian system to the amd64 architecture.
Maybe do that, but do a full backup before.

i386 is dead for Debian, the next release won't be available for i386.

As long as you have a i386 kernel, you can't use amd64 software on it.

--
Gruß
Marco

Spam und Werbung bitte an ichschickerekl...@cartoonies.org