On Mon, Feb 05, 2024 at 10:28:53PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:
> Continuing from above in Vim in Insert mode, if I then simultaneously press
> the Ctrl, Shift, and v keys, and then release all keys, Vim inserts the
> contents of the clipboard; as confirmed by:
>
>     xclip -o -selection CLIPBOARD

How's that possible?  Are you running a GUI version of vim (gvim?)
instead of running vim in a terminal?  Or are you using an exotic
terminal?

In xterm and urxvt, Ctrl-Shift-v is identical to Ctrl-v ("literal
next"), so there's no way vim can distinguish the two.  And yes, I
tested it just to be sure.  In both xterm and urxvt, vim, insert
mode, Ctrl-Shift-v acts exactly like Ctrl-v.

If you're using a terminal that isn't xterm, please specify which.
This applies in general to *any* issue that involves exotic key
combinations, because different terminals handle them differently.