On 2/5/24 16:29, DdB wrote:
Am 06.02.2024 um 00:14 schrieb David Christensen:
Comments or suggestions?
This may be unrelated, but ...
I can copy/paste using the mouse, or - if i use the keyboard - i need to
copy paste using CTRL-Shift-C and CTRL-Shift-V (when in the terminal
emulator like gnome-terminal or terminator)

Thank you for the reply.  :-)

Firefox and Vim seem to be playing nice today -- I can select text in Firefox and paste via middle-click into a window running Terminal running Vim. I tried several times, but was unable to get them to malfunction.

Similarly, Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+Shift+V within a window running Terminal running Vim in either command mode or insert mode -- I can select and copy text to the (X primary?) clipboard and I can paste text from the (X primary?) clipboard; respectively.

So, it appears the gremlins must be asleep. When the wake up, I'll try again.

Back in the day, I worked on a Windows hardware/ software validation project. Some of the team members had a tool that could record a Windows desktop GUI session, save it to a script, and replay a script on demand. Creating useful scripts was tedious and difficult, but the benefits were huge. Is there a FOSS equivalent for Debian, X, Xfce, etc.?

David