On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 07:00:57PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 05:31:24PM +0100, Marco Moock wrote:
> > Am 18.03.2024 um 16:17:55 Uhr schrieb Thomas Schweikle:
> > > It seems the installer fails silently at some point, after having
> > > installed all packages. Maybe it fails installing grub?
> >
> > This doesn't explain the users not being set up.
>
> Given that this is a live media, is it possible that by leaving the
> disc in, the OP is in fact booting the live environment not the one
> they installed? This might explain no users and "wrong" locale.

I think the OP even said that. But by all appearances, the installer
(silently?) fails to write the boot loader to the disk (and possibly
to write to the disk at all, not sure about that).

@Thomas: can you check whether anything was written to the disk?
You could try to list its partition table and even mount (some of)
its partitions, if any, from your live system. Anything in there?

Cheers