чт, 21 мар. 2024 г. в 22:34, Alexander V. Makartsev <avbe...@gmail.com>:

> This conclusion seems less than optimal to me.
> By condemning yourself to type 12+ character password every time you
> 'sudo' would really hurt accessibility and usability of your home computer
> and for no good reason.
>
> If we focus solely on your use case: a login security of a PC at home,
> without remote access, then password of your sudo user could be as short and
> simple as four numbers, of course unrelated to your date of birth, phone
> number, or any other easily guessable sequence of numbers, like '1234'.

Are you speaking only about sudo or root password also?

The thing that bothers me are words: "*any* computer (and a fortiori any
server) connected to the Internet

* is regularly targeted by automated connection attempts"*
I am not tech-savvy. Can you say with 100% (90%?) confidence that there is
no such thing? That home PC without SSH and whatever complicated is safe
(rather safe) from "

*automated connection attempts"?*
This thread reminded of that topic -
https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=154002