On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 06:33:42PM +0100, Steffen Dettmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I changed a gateway on a remote site using /etc/network/interfaces by
> changing gateway. However, at reboot some old gateway IP reappears. I
> really hate when some magic knows better than an explicitly set value.
> What happens here? How can I get rid of this? It is 100% reproducible.
>
> I have no clue where the wrong 2.43 comes from.
>
> Any hints appreciated!
>
> Steffen

[...] deleted that nonsense.

Hello,
why are you making it so difficult to anyone trying to help you?
Nobody is interested in your way how you edit that file.

please show us two versions of that file (pre reboot and after)
Also tell us any programs you use to manage your network settings

[] NetworkManager
[] systemd-networkd
[] some magic own  scripts
[] ...