Hello,

On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 06:33:42PM +0100, Steffen Dettmer wrote:
> I changed a gateway on a remote site using /etc/network/interfaces by
> changing gateway. However, at reboot some old gateway IP reappears. I
> really hate when some magic knows better than an explicitly set value.
> What happens here? How can I get rid of this? It is 100% reproducible.
>
> I have no clue where the wrong 2.43 comes from.

Is this actually Debian?

I have vague memories of someone else asking something like this
before, and at the time I wasn't aware of any software packaged in
Debian that alters the user's /etc/network/interfaces file. I think
in that case it turned out to not actually be Debian.

I also think that there is some Debian packaging rule about one
package not altering the config file of another package unless by
co-operation between the maintainers, so if this does actually turn
out to be Debian there might be bugs to report.

Thanks,
Andy