On 2026-09-29, Franco Martelli <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to write the content of a .txt file to the X11+KDE clipboard, 
> in order to do that I defined an "alias":
>
> ~$ alias toclip="qdbus6 org.kde.klipper /klipper 
> org.kde.klipper.klipper.setClipboardContents"
>
> ~$ cat b.txt
> someText
>
> The following command return error:
>
> ~$ cat b.txt | toclip
> Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod
> No such method 'setClipboardContents' in interface 
> 'org.kde.klipper.klipper' at object path '/klipper' (signature '')
>
> The following command works:
>
> ~$ toclip "$(cat b.txt)"
>
> Is there a way to rearrange the "toclip" alias in order that it works 
> using a pipe? Thus:
>
> ~$ cat b.txt | toclip


> Please don't tell me to use "xclipboard" or "xset" I just want to use 
> the DBus channel.

I think you've been told to use xclip in spite of your warning.

In the contrary case, you'll have to create bash function rather an alias.
> Thank in advance, kind regards

Reply via email to