Chris Green <[email protected]> wrote:
> CGS <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On 2026-09-29, Chris Green <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > I am trying to generate some 'fake' input using xte (and then xdotool
> > > which shows exactly the same issue). I can get most characters OK but in
> > > this particular case I need to send some double-quote " characters and
> > > these appear in the output as @.
> > 
> > https://superuser.com/questions/1543063/how-can-i-simulate-pressing-with-xte
> 
> That's by far the best answer yet! :-)  One of the suggestions in the
> above discussion on Stack Overflow is to use the ASCII code for the key,
> e.g.:-
> 
>     chris$ xte 'key 0x3d'
>     =chris$ =
> 
> Whereas, wierdly:-
> 
>     chris$ xte 'key ='
>     Unable to resolve keysym for '='
>     Unable to resolve keysym for '='
>      chris$  
> 
> So I have a fix for my problem even though I don't really understand why
> it happens.
> 
I'm going crazy, the = sign isn't what I couldn't type using xte, it was
double quote!

However I **think** I may now have found a solution:-

    xte 'keydown Shift_L';xte 'key 2';xte 'keyup Shift_L';
    "chris$ "

It's a bit long winded but I can at least get a " character.

-- 
Chris Green
ยท

Reply via email to