Greg Wooledge <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 13:39:24 +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> > Greg Wooledge <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > For @, I get (abridged version of the xev output):
> > > 
> > > KeyPress keycode 50 Shift_L
> > > KeyPress keycode 11 @
> > > KeyRelease keycode 11 @
> > > KeyRelease keycode 50 Shift_L
> 
> > As I said I have already had a look with xev. For the @ key I get keycode
> > 48 (keysym 0x40).  For " I get keycode 11 (keysym 0x22) and for 2 (the
> > key where @ is) I get keycode 11 (keysym 0x32). This is the same on both
> > of my systems even though one is a laptop and the other a desktop with a
> > wireless keyboard.
> 
> Interesting.
> 
> For " I get keycode 48, keysym 0x22.  " is shift '.
> For @ I get keycode 11, keysym 0x40.  @ is shift 2.
> For 2 I get keycode 11, keysym 0x32.
> 
> That's with a US keyboard (HP model SK-2502U, an old-fashioned USB).
> 
> You said @ is shift 2 for you, but that you get different keycodes
> for @ and 2.  That part is what I don't understand.  I would expect
> you to get the same keycode for those, since they're the same physical
> key.

No, sorry, I get keycode 11 for both " and 2 which are on the same key
on my keyboards.  For @ (shifted ') I get keycode 48, keysym 0x40.  So
I get the same keysym values as you do and my keyboard does seem to be
mapped as one would expect, it's a UK keyboard with " on the 2 key and
@ on the ' key.

It's just that xte and xdotool don't seem to work right with those keysyms.

What Debian version have the people who replied so far in the thread been
using? I'm wondering if this is a trixie issue.

-- 
Chris Green
ยท

Reply via email to