CGS <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2026-09-30, Joe <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Sep 2026 13:37:31 +0000
> > Thomas Pircher <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >> Is there a reason you use 127.0.1.1 instead of the more commonly used 
> >> value 127.0.0.1?
> >> 
> > Not more commonly as a Debian default. A great many years ago, Debian
> > switched to using 127.0.1.1, and I cannot remember the reason given.
> >
> > OK:
> > https://serverfault.com/questions/1002599/is-debian-the-only-distribution-using-127-0-1-1-instead-of-127-0-0-1
> >  
> 
> 
> Really? This has always been confusing for us eternal neophytes and
> newbies.
> 
> I have:
> 
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> 127.0.1.1       einstein.home.arpa      einstein

Yes, OP here, that's exactly the form I have. I'm pretty sure it's the
default installed by Debian, I don't think I did anything to change it.

-- 
Chris Green
ยท

Reply via email to