Carl Fink wrote:
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:57:38PM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:

I'd suggest that comparing ethnic groups with religious groups is rather
like comparing apples to oranges. I'm assuming that you meant to imply
either the "expenditures for keeping the MUSLIMS safe from their
Christian tormentors". Or, otherwise, "expenditures for keeping the
Bosnians and Albanians safe from their SERB tormentors". Both statements
are sure to anger a great number of people. The former will undoubtedly
anger Christians the world over, while the latter will (and just did)
offend Serbs the world over. :)

Albanians are ethnically different from the Serbs.

The ONLY difference between Serbs, Croats, and Bosnian Muslims is
religious.  They are genetically and linguistically and mostly
culturally identical, or rather homogeneous, although these days some
weird post-facto nationalists are pretending that there are separate
languages and cultures.

oh wow, you're SO wrong. unless 'these days' is pretty much the same as thousand years or so :-)

actually 'yugoslavia' is fairly recent artificial term...

erik