Leo Spalteholz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said on Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:27:54 -0800:
> On March 29, 2004 11:40 am, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > >
> > > Have you considered Konqueror?
> >
> > I think his goal is to have something that works *better* than Mozilla,
> > not worse. ^_^
>
> That's subjective, I find konqueror to be better in most cases.  In any
> case, he wants good printing support so he can have something to fire up
> if mozilla chokes on the printing.  He doesn't have to switch to
> konqueror, its just an alternative to print complex pages.

I think some people still can't use anything like konq or mozilla or
family because of their speed. On my box, *all* browsers are hideously
slow (and take up lots of ram too). The only browsers I find
acceptable are dillo (which is just a html displayer, it can do
virtually nothing else), links and family (I really would like to use
a graphics capable browser) or netscape 4.x (breaks on many
ill-designed sites).

I miss the old days when people cared about the size of their programs
and optimising things, instead of just using the "oh it's so cheap to
upgrade" line. :(

<flame suit ready>
Having said that, I did once try Konq on a fast box, and wasn't
impressed. It looked like the rest of KDE. Blech.
</flame suit ready>

If I sit here and stare at nothing long enough, people might think
I'm an engineer working on something.
                -- S.R. McElroy