> >> if the value is 0.9999, only the HEUR10 test would be triggered <<
>
>Not to be argumentative, but your sample doesn't quite fit my experiences.
>
>a) a value of 0.9999 doesn't seem to trigger HEUR10 - but triggers HEUR9?
>So it doesn't seem as if you are using a "CEILING" test (or rounding).

It should only be possible for one level to be reached.  For 0.9999 it
should be level 10, although that's the cutoff point between level 9 and
level 10, so either level may be used depending on the exact value of the
level.  It's not a straight scale (.1, .2, .3... .9).

>b) If your test is GREAT/EQUAL, then a value of 9 could/should trigger the
>HEUR8 and the HEUR9 test? If your test is FLOOR, then a value of 0.9999
>would only trigger HEUR9.

It's done both ways.  A given level is reached if the value is (greater
than or equal to) a certain value, but also less than another value.  So if
it was using a straight scale, it might be something like:

Level 1:  (value >= 0) and (value < .1)
Level 2:  (value >= .1) and (value < .2)
Level 10: (value >= .9) and (value < 1)

In reality, though, the levels are set up more like a logarithmic scale, to
give the levels more meaning.

site at http://www.declude.com .