> I need good suggestions, both general and specific.

Spam is always going to get through at one time or another.

BUT, we have had success adding Sniffer (www.sortmonster.com) into the
Declude Junkmail mix. Our local competition uses Postini and the amount of
spam that gets by that over priced service is incredible. I have a friend
who's work place uses them and he laughs at the amount of spam he does not
have to see our service.

We also have an IMGate box (http://imgate.meiway.com) as our first line of
defense. By doing all of the above, our spam level is very low. I am always
tweaking the settings and spend more time on it than I would like. As an
ISP, I have to be more open to some of the known junk places for our users
that like getting coupons and junk on a daily basis. As a school district,
you will be able to get away with rejecting EVERYTHING Sniffer wants to
reject. newsletters included as they are not related to school needs. And
Sniffer seems to do a great job at catching porno spam!!!

Sheldon

Sheldon Koehler, Owner/Partner        http://www.tenforward.com
Ten Forward Communications           360-457-9023
Nationwide access, neighborhood support!

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time
to pause and reflect." Mark Twain