> >I spoke in haste, that all makes sense. I am having a tough time with
> >spammers using the mailfrom or return address of the recipient and a
wetware
> >problem on the customer end. Is there any way I can stop this? I know, it
> >seems like a catch 22.
>
> Unfortunately, there isn't any easy way to stop the E-mail that has the
> same return address as the recipient's address -- the problem is that
quite
> a few people Cc: themselves on all E-mail, as well as send themselves test
> messages.
>                                     -Scott

Scott,

   I would believe that there has to be a way to look at the return address
and the recipient's address.  If they match then compare the senders IP
address to a list of my net block if it matches then it is assumed to be
from a local user therefore it would pass the test and be sent.  If it does
not match then it is from the internet and therefore Spam and fails the
test.   Just an idea on how I think it may work.

                                                        Lenny Bauman

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by LRBCG.COM, Inc.]