> > The problems here are that you have to enter your IP ranges (so the test
> > wouldn't work automatically), and that some people will send mail from the
> > Internet (especially in the case of sending test messages).
>
>     If the IP block is setup up in the Global.cfg like
>
>          Netblock        10.10.2.0/22,192.168.1.0/23
>
>Then declude would know the local IP address block and this would make it
>automatic.

Automatic after you enter the IP ranges, and if the IP ranges don't change.  :)

The "non-automatic" part is that the test would have to be disabled by
default, and people wanting to use it would need to add the list of
IPs.  However, it could be set up to automatically allow the E-mail if it
came from an internal IP address (which would satisfy the needs of a lot of
our customers).

>Now for testing from the Internet I would log on to
>Hotmail and send from me@hotmail to me@myaddress.  This e-mail would pass
>for the return address and the recipient's address do not match.

Good point.  :)

This test is something that we are still looking into.