Let me first say that I'm a big fan of the Declude products and how they
have significantly reduced the amount of spam my end users receive.  Let
me also qualify my next statement by saying that I'm not as
knowledgeable as I'd like to be about all the nuances of e-mail, DNS
etc.   Sometimes I'm sketchy on the basics.

That being said, I think that many spam battling methods seem to be
passive.  The e-mail and IP blacklists in Declude essentially accept the
mail then delete it.  What I'd like to see is a method of getting that
mail destined for deletion and move it off to another mail server that
would generate rejection messages (maybe on ratio of 10 or 100 to 1) to
the X-Declude sender maybe even using the IP that the spam originated
from.  This mail server would not accept <null> senders, it's sole
purpose would be to reflect some of time and cost back to that spammers
or the open relays that let spam pass.

As long as spam is easy and profitable it will keep getting worse.  If
spammers find that it seems most of their mail is getting bounced (100's
or 1000's of rejections) and if the open relays find themselves flooded
with traffic they may close up (or fix it if it accidental).

I'd love to be on the moral high ground and just delete or hold the
mail, but I spend a couple of hours each day reviewing held mail and
adding IP's and domains to black lists.  It has to become more difficult
and more expensive for them to do.  There must me more aggressive
methods...

Sorry for the rant....

Marc