Markus, the crux of the issue for you is whether or not you allow relaying
for your client servers.  If you do, then the percent hack is a legitimate
method for their server to request the relay from your server.

The IMail security regarding the percent hack is not to *prevent* the
percent hack, it is to *notice* that a relay is being requested; IMail would
then check its relay restrictions for the server or user that sent the
message.

I have seen zero spammers use the percent hack in the last 3 years; I
suspect that SMTP software has gotten good enough and is secure by default,
so the spammers moved to other techniques to take advantage of open relays.

Here is my Declude JunkMail configuration regarding the percent test:

#Dec-03-2002 AC This is an ancient convention for relaying; from what we've
#               seen, only legitimate Lotus users now use it to get out
#               of their own network!
PERCENT         percent         x       x       2       0

PERCENT         WARN

Andrew 8)