-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 2:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail]

>why is there a limit on such whitelist commands...

Because whitelists were designed as a last resort, for allowing mail
through from servers that just couldn't get their acts together.  It was
never imagined that someone would come up with 100 or 200 whitelist
entries.  And, it's a lot easier to program with such limits.

However, as more and more people starting using stricter spam settings
(with whitelisting to accommodate the intentional false positives), and as
the whitelisting option was expanded, people started using it more.

That's why we added an improved whitelisting system to the latest beta,
which allows for unlimited whitelist entries on a per-user or per-domain
basis.