We are seeing a case where the mail server will connect to itself. Check out the DNS for this spammer's domain: hotoptions.net

It has no MX record, but an A record pointing to: 127.0.0.1

If an email from this domain is bounced due to a full mailbox, this will cause Imail to attempt to deliver the email to 127.0.0.1 which causes a mail loop. After 5 loops Imail kills it.

Is there a Declude test we can use to block these based on the MX/A that the domain name resolves to?

If not, perhaps the MAILFROM test could be modified to count this as a bad domain.

The MAILFROM test will detect this in the next release. :) -Scott