If I end up with a negative wait, how do I configure to ignore and pass
e-mail along.

You don't need to do anything.

The way the weighting system works, you decide what weight ranges to use to detect spam. For example, some people have it set up to HOLD E-mail based on the WEIGHT10 test (a weight of 10 or higher), and DELETE E-mail that fails the WEIGHT20 test (with a weight of 20 or higher).

In this case, if you have a test that uses negative weights, the total weight of the E-mail will be reduced. For example, the weight of the E-mail may end up being -6. In this case, the E-mail would not fail the WEIGHT10 or WEIGHT20 tests.

Is the following correct?

Global.cfg

NEGWEIGHT weightrange x x 0 -100

Default.JunkMail

NEGWEIGHT IGNORE

There's no need to do this, as the IGNORE action does nothing.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.