I am using the HOP 1 setting and recently tried to use the IPBYPASS and
found it did not work for me either.  Declude was still using the servers I
had listed as bypass for its tests.

I have two separate internet connections with a NAV SMTP Gateway on each
forwarding to IMail.  I entered an ipbypass for each of the servers.  HOP 1
had been working so when I saw IPBYPASS was messing up my tests I just went
back to HOP 1 and didn't think much about it.

Normally, we recommend using "HOP 0" (the default setting), and using IPBYPASS lines for each backup/gateway. The HOP setting should only be used in cases where there will *always* be one or more hops before the IMail server (for example, if you have 2 gateways, and the MX record points to those 2 gateways, and not the IMail server, *and* nobody will connect directly to the IMail server to send outgoing E-mail).

The HOP setting will often cause confusion.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.