I've always wondered about this.  So how do you desensitize Outlook?
i.e. tell it not to break apart attachments as John posted?

In exactly the same way that it became broken in the first place. :)

Assuming that the problem is the Partial Vulnerability, the reason it started occurring is because someone is running a version of Outlook that allows attachments to be split into multiple E-mails (something that was used back when most mailservers limited E-mail to 50K each). All they need to do is switch back to the default setting of not splitting up the attachments among multiple E-mails.

In almost all cases, this is a situation where someone thought it would be cool to tweak a setting that they weren't familiar with (Gee, "Split attachments into multiple E-mails" probably will make my E-mail faster!", they think).

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.