> I don't want to knock Alligate, it has some nice functionality,
> especially when used without Declude (auto whitelisting and digest
> notification), and it does what it says, but it has a relatively high
> false positive rate in the default configuration and therefore it can't
> be scored higher than it is on my scale.  If they could get the auto
> whitelisting and digest notification to work with Declude, that might
> make me a buyer.  I'm still looking for more information on Message
> Sniffer within this context.

As Brian stated, and I alluded to, there is more functionality in the full
version, as opposed to the Declude only version. The Declude only version
costs less, but requires more hands on to get it to fit your situation.

On that same note, I will help as much as I can on the list. If you feel you
could use more hands on help, at least to help on the learning curve, I and
others are available on a time basis.

> I've looked at AutoWhite and will probably give it a try, but I can't
> find any information on Match.  Would you care to share a link?

Match never made it out of beta stage, primarly do to time and loss of the
programmer working on it. It is scheduled to be rebuilt in the future.

Basically what it does is it looks for 2 matches. If first checks the from
file to see if the from address is listed. It then checks the to file to see
if the recipient is listed. If it finds a match in both files, it returns a
"fail" to Declude. You can then weight or action based on that.

It was developed for a major client I have that gets a lot of e-mail that
tends to fail a good number of tests, but is legit. What I do is list the
from domains in the from file and the clients specific addresses in the to
file. This way, I can "Whitelist" e-mail from a specific domain or user to a
specific domain or user. Yes, there is some overlap with functions in other
programs, but if fits a need.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You