Not to mention I have never seen a false positive up to this point that actually failed the comments test so I beleive "5" is a safe number, but I would love to hear others settings.

FWIW, we haven't heard of a single false positive even at 1. While a fair amount of legitimate bulk HTML E-mail has comments in it (I can't say *why*, but they do), the COMMENTS test in Declude JunkMail will only get triggered with "anti-filter" comments. So if you have:

        <!-- The next line is the recipient's name -->
        Dear Joe Smith,

Thanks for placing an order for <B><!-- product name comes next -->Widgets</B> from us!

the COMMENTS test wouldn't see any anti-filter comments. However:

If you place an or<!--spriw-->der in the next 10 days...

then it would trigger the COMMENTS test. However, I'm not aware of any spams that contained less than 5 anti-filter comments (most contain a *lot*).

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.