Since we did the recent Microsoft Update this morning at 4am (our least
impactful time of the day to reboot a server), our subscribers can't send
mail.  Their mail clients connect and then timeout.  If the email is
extremely small (such as a "test" to a Yahoo account), it might make it
through, but takes 30 to 60 seconds.  If subscribers send an email to
another account on the system, it works just fine.

If we disable Declude, it works fine.  Enable declude again, and they all
timeout.  However, mail is still arriving to the server just fine-- about 30
to 80 per second to 50,000 email accounts-- this is a very high volume
server.  The CPUs (an IBM four-processor machine) are averaging under 10%
and occassionally have peaks approaching 20%, but never higher than 20% and
nothing I would consider an overimpact of the system.  Storage is external
Raid 10 SCSI.

The logs don't indicate anything unusual.

Any ideas, anyone?  This just doesn't make sense.

Tomorrow morning at 4am I'll try uninstalling the Microsoft patch, and in
the meantime I have redirected outbound SMTP through a different server, but
it would be nice to have the benefits of Declude checking on the outbound
for our less-than-trustworthy subscribers.