I'll add these to the list that I maintain as well for both the ANTIGIBBERISHSUB and ANTIGIBBERISH filters. You shouldn't need to add these to the base filters though since the two letter string will trip it without any assistance.

I took note of your "parts" suggestion as well, but haven't yet determined how I would like to integrate this. I've got about a month of hits archived though for easy searching, and I have seen some FP's on this, but only from one place if I recall correctly. I wonder how consistent the exception would be.

I'm going to put up a new file that contains these changes as well as exceptions for "qos", "qmail" and a few updates for mail clients that might send out such a string that isn't marked as base64.

Thanks,

Matt

John Tolmachoff (Lists) wrote:

I have added the following line to both GIBBERISH and ANTIGIBBERISH tests:

BODY            0       CONTAINS        QS-9000
BODY            0       CONTAINS        QS9000
BODY            0       CONTAINS        QS 9000

This is in response to messages that mention certifications, specifically
the Q_S_ (-)9000 automotive certification.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You
www.eservicesforyou.com