From: "Matthew Bramble" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] GIBBERISH test adjustment

I'll add these to the list that I maintain as well for both the
ANTIGIBBERISHSUB and ANTIGIBBERISH filters.  You shouldn't need to add
these to the base filters though since the two letter string will trip
it without any assistance.

I took note of your "parts" suggestion as well, but haven't yet
determined how I would like to integrate this.  I've got about a month
of hits archived though for easy searching, and I have seen some FP's on
this, but only from one place if I recall correctly.  I wonder how
consistent the exception would be.

I'm going to put up a new file that contains these changes as well as
exceptions for "qos", "qmail" and a few updates for mail clients that
might send out such a string that isn't marked as base64.

Thanks,

Matt

John Tolmachoff (Lists) wrote:

I have added the following line to both GIBBERISH and ANTIGIBBERISH

tests:

BODY 0 CONTAINS QS-9000
BODY 0 CONTAINS QS9000
BODY 0 CONTAINS QS 9000

This is in response to messages that mention certifications, specifically
the Q_S_ (-)9000 automotive certification.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You
www.eservicesforyou.com

Matthew S. Bramble
President and Technical Coordinator
iGaia Incorporated, Operator of NYcars.com
Office Phone: (518) 862-9042
Cellular: (518) 229-3375
Fax: (518) 862-9044
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]