Here is an idea for a single password and login point:

( This requires imail/webmail "ignore source IP check" or whatever that is
be disabled...
but it has to be disabled for aol users anyway, so you probably already have
it unchecked)

Have them login to WEBMAIL first,
and a link to the manager from in webmail.
Include their IMAIL SessionKey and full email address in the URL

Ex Link from webmail (using imail variables):

http://spamwatch.njaccess.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&imailkey=
/X123411242

Now the login.cfm would actually do a CFHTTP get for:
http://mail.njaccess.com:8383/X123411242/menu.cgi

Then scan the page for [EMAIL PROTECTED] ( my menu.cgi contains Welcome
EMAILADDRESS! )
If the imailkey was invald, then the CFHTTP would have been given the 'login
failed' screen and [EMAIL PROTECTED] woulld not be found. If the key was
valid, then the CFHTTP obtained their 'main menu' screen, which contains the
current logged in adress for the key. If someone tries to switch to a
different [EMAIL PROTECTED] then it won't work because the exact string wouldnt be
found on the menu page for the imailkey that was given.
Ex:
<cfset imURL =
"http://#mailip##imailuserkey#/menu.#imailnumber#.cgi?mbx=Main";>
<cfhttp url="#imurl#" method="GET" port="80" resolveurl="false"></cfhttp>
<CFIF FindNoCase(url.ImailEmail,cfhttp.filecontent)>
        <CFSET AuthPass = 1>
</CFIF>

Basically a little trickery to compare the email given via a URL variable
against an IMAIL session key without any direct access to the registry or
any actual password usage.

This is how I do it with my CF app I wrote for my users.

If this sounds like something you'de like to do or want to see it in action,
or want my login.cfm source let me know.

-Tom