-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 1:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude not taking action

>In the mean time, until Ipswitch fixes this, is it safe to assume that
>the chance incident of failure can be reduced by some percentage by
>utilizing a monstrously overrated processor for a given volume of mail?
>--  Processor power up, chance of failure down, perhaps dramatically?

Yes.

The ways to minimize the chances of this happening are to increase the delay
between queue runs (the default is 30 minutes), lower the CPU usage (by
increasing the CPU power or finding ways of reducing the CPU load), or
reducing the number of E-mails processed per day.

On a typical server with 30 minute queue runs, there is about a 0.003%
chance of any given E-mail being usurped like this.  So it is very rare, but
when you are dealing with 10,000s or 100,000s of E-mails per day, it will
happen.

We are still investigating to see if there are ways that we are minimize the
delay, until Ipswitch is able to take care of the problem.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.

http://www.mail-archive.com.