From: Matthew Bramble [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 4:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude not taking action

Dave,

It appears that the E-mail getting delivered improperly is the result of IMail stealing a copy and processing it apart from Declude. In the example that I provided, Declude deleted the copy that it got because it scored too high, but IMail delivered a copy before it was scanned by Declude.

Matt

Dave Marchette wrote:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but this may be a quick easy way to find out exactly what messages(and quantity of messages) never got scanned by Declude on a per server basis: If you have Declude configured to add anything consistent to the headers, like an x-note: or whatever else, you can use the 'copy all mail to a box' feature of Imail, then write a processing rule on the copy box to delete all mail in the copy box that has the x-note: data from Declude header. Then, you can periodically check that box to see how many are being missed, because the only mail that will end up in that box will be mail that Declude never tried to scan. There are perhaps other ways to use domain proc rules to do this as well but this would be my preferred method.