From: Todd Holt
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 7:32 PM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] AOL and Reverse DNS

I know this will stir a few people the wrong way, but…

If so many people are upset that MS is being monopolistic by using their EULA to prevent software from operating, then why don’t those same people get upset at AOL for the internet-nazi-police tactics used to prevent mail from being delivered?

MS just says that you can’t use certain apps on their OS.  AOL says that you can’t deliver mail through mail servers (that control more email than any other on the planet) because they deemed it “bad” through inaccurate, generalized and dare I say “monopolistic” policies.

The lack of complaints about AOL just shows that the MS bashers are not upset about the MS policies (or monopoly), they just want to complain about the big company on the block.  I think if the majority owner of AOL was the richest person on the planet, they would bash AOL.  How short sided!!!

Further, all of the justice dept. proceedings are based on complaints by the competition, not the users.  On the other hand, AOL has thousands of consumer complaints, but very few (if any) complaints by competitors.  It’s obvious that the justice dept. just wants to appease whiny losers like Jim Barksdale and Scott McNealy.  And the MS bashers just fall in line.  Lemmings.

Todd Holt
Xidix Technologies, Inc
Las Vegas, NV  USA
www.xidix.com