-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd Holt
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 07:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] AOL and Reverse DNS

> SPAM from AOL accounts - hm, I have to admit that I only see an
> (automatically selected) cross-section of spam messages with header
(which
> are routed to SPAMCOP for analysis) - but I can't remember seeing AOL
as
> an implicated party often (if ever).

I am interpreting this statement as you don't think AOL users are a source
of spam.  Here is a small sample of addresses in our kill.lst that have been
added because they send spam:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If AOL is so interested in stopping spam, they should start with their own
users!  I think that they only want to stop inbound spam because that
doesn't come from paying customers. Outbound spam, on the other hand,
shouldn't be touched (in AOLs terms) because you wouldn't want to make a
paying customer mad, would you?  Well I scan all emails, both directions.
It's a violation of our TOS to send spam and I want to stop it.

Todd Holt
Xidix Technologies, Inc
Las Vegas, NV  USA
www.xidix.com
702.319.4349

spam

-
> if
> > they do, they can do it for their own entertainment. But unless they
> do it
> > correctly (e.g., define a smart host), their mails won't be
delivered
> > the
> > outside world. Nothing wrong with that.
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Andy Schmidt
> >
> > Phone:  +1 201 934-3414 x20 (Business)
> > Fax:    +1 201 934-9206

Schick
> > Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 12:07 AM
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] AOL and Reverse DNS
> >

> > I will disagree.  I do not believe there is any comparison between
MS
> [...]
> > >
> > >MS just says that you can't use certain apps on their OS.  AOL says
> > >that you can't deliver mail through mail servers (that control more
> > >email than any other on the planet) because they deemed it "bad"
> > >through inaccurate, generalized and dare I say "monopolistic"
> policies.
> > >
> > >The lack of complaints about AOL just shows that the MS bashers are
> not
> > >upset about the MS policies (or monopoly), they just want to
complain
> > >about the big company on the block.  I think if the majority owner
of
> > >AOL was the richest person on the planet, they would bash AOL.  How
> > >short sided!!!
> > >
> > >Further, all of the justice dept. proceedings are based on
complaints
> > >by the competition, not the users.  On the other hand, AOL has
> > >thousands of consumer complaints, but very few (if any) complaints
by
> > >competitors. It's obvious that the justice dept. just wants to
> appease
> > >whiny losers like Jim Barksdale and Scott McNealy.  And the MS
> bashers
> > >just fall in line.  Lemmings. Todd Holt
> > >Xidix Technologies, Inc
> > >Las Vegas, NV  USA
> > >www.xidix.com
> > >702.319.4349
> > >

> > ---
> > [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
> > (http://www.declude.com)]
> >
> > ---
> > This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
> unsubscribe,
> > just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe
> > Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
> > http://www.mail-archive.com.
> >
> > ---
> > [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
> > (http://www.declude.com)]
> >
> > ---
> > This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
> > unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type
> > "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
> > http://www.mail-archive.com.
> > ---
> > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
> > (http://www.declude.com)]
>

> ---
> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
> (http://www.declude.com)]

> (http://www.declude.com)]

unsubscribe,
> just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe
> Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
> http://www.mail-archive.com.

> (http://www.declude.com)]

> unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type
> "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
> http://www.mail-archive.com.
> ---
> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus

---