----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Uhte (Lists)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Bill... This is what I would like to do, but there are a couple
> issues/questions I have.

Russ, we should probably take this off-line.  But briefly:

> 1.  How do I reject messages with an invalid RCPT TO: command?

There are a couple of ways you can handle this, depending on where you host
your IMail user database.

> 2.  What size machine do I need?  Let's say I process 200,000 messages a
> day, and I want to plan for 20% growth before this box is retired.  I
> understand that fast hard drives and proper partitioning are still
> extremely important, but what about processor/memory requirements?  I'm
> guessing this would be pretty high need as well.

Personally, I would much rather setup two smaller gateway servers with equal
MX settings then one big gateway server.  The reason for this is that it
allows you to split the load and also be able to loose a server or take it
off-line for maintenance and still keep delivering mail.

Please contact me off-list if you would like to discuss this further.

Bill