If your users could handle going to the web interface and adding people they
would like whitelisted to their address book there, all you would need do
then is add  AUTOWHITELIST      ON  to your one global config file.  This way
they could whitelist anyone's e-mail address that they wished.  Next maybe
you can have a whitelist word or phrase in your global config file;
WHITELIST ANYWHERE whitelistphrase, tell your users that that they could add
this phrase to their signature so that all replies to them  or to whom they
give the pass phrase would be whitelisted as well.  I think you are asking
for trouble if you let them FTP their own files.  I have played with the
idea of creating separate  junkmail files and allowing users to select
levels of control:

Severe (only people who are whitelisted can get through)
Strict hold on 10, delete on 20
Moderate hold on 20 delete on 30
Permissive hold on 30 delete on 40
Open nothing held or deleted.

This is still a heavy amount of admin and asking for a bit of trouble (I
think, unless you can automate the ftp process to create the separate
folders and appropriately named junkmail file) If you try to let them
manually create a junkmail file I think it gets to involved, IMHO.  The
tests and the actions would get too confusing and god help you if they all
discover how to bounce messages.

Marc