If I have a hold weight of 20, and the Spam Assassin SURBL test would create at most
10 points, an e-mail that went in with 5 points would end up with at most 15, which is
still below my minimum action weight.
It certainly only applies to the last filters to be run. Which would be in my case
Body-URL filters, which are the most painful on the CPU.

Here's my logic based on the 7368 e-mail's yesterday:
1562 scored less than 10 weight. Running these through my Body-URL filters would have
no impact as the +10 points would not get them up to a tag weight of 20. But running
these 1562 through numerous body contains filters does cause lots of CPU spikes that
will most likely to find nothing.
549 scored between 10 and 42 weight. These are the most likely candidates as the
potential SPAM. I definitely want to run these through the Body-URL filters. This is a
more manageable number to put a high CPU test on.
5257 scored over 42 weight which should have triggered the skipifweight bypass in the
Body-URL filters.

It's all about saving CPU time.

Scott Fisher
Director of IT
Farm Progress Companies

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/23/04 01:39PM >>>
> It's too bad there isn't a SKIPIFWEIGHTLESSTHAN command for the filters.
> Used with a SKIFIFWEIGHT command, it could only be called on those pesky
e-mails
> that fall into that grey area.

So, if a spam message has only 5 points, you do not want that test to run
which may then cause it to have a higher weight and be caught?

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You