At 03:38 PM 5/13/2004, Matt wrote:
Scott,

I've been thinking about this for a while as a way to increase spam detection and do things that are otherwise more difficult to do, and then the other day I found that MailPolice was actually promoting their RHSBL's for use on both the Mail From and the reverse DNS entry, and now they have a zone that is built to detect DUL users using reverse DNS entries. I think that both additions would be very useful for spam blocking. Here's their current list of zones:
bulk.rhs.mailpolice.com - domains used to send or host spam/bulk-sender/unconfirmed mailing lists/advertising sites
porn.rhs.mailpolice.com - domains used to send or host pornographic sites
block.rhs.mailpolice.com - combined porn.rhs.mailpolice.com and bulk.rhs.mailpolice.com
dynamic.rhs.mailpolice.com - dynamic PPP/DSL/cable reverse DNS hostnames, useful for stopping spam from broadband proxies
fraud.rhs.mailpolice.com - domains and IPs hosting fraudulant content, aka "phishing"

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but I've been using this for sometime now...

MAILPOLICE-BULK rhsbl bulk.rhs.mailpolice.com 127.0.0.2 7 0
MAILPOLICE-PORN rhsbl porn.rhs.mailpolice.com 127.0.0.2 10 0

Is this different from what you're trying to do?

-Russ