From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 01:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] DUL skipping was ISBLANK is blank

In absentia...

This made a lot of sense before, and it was the only way to disable DUL tests for local users prior to IMail 8 and JunkMail ~1.76.  Declude won't disable the tests for gatewayed domains, only where an address matches a local account.  You can also work around this by using the dnsbl trick like so:

DNSRBL-DYN        dnsbl    %IP4R%.dun.dnsrbl.net            127.0.0.3    0    0
NJABL-DYN-A        dnsbl    %IP4R%.dnsbl.njabl.org            127.0.0.3    0    0
NJABL-DYN-B        dnsbl    %IP4R%.dynablock.njabl.org        127.0.0.3    0    0
SORBS-DYN        dnsbl    %IP4R%.dnsbl.sorbs.net            127.0.0.10    0    0

Note that I changed the names of the tests to exclude the strings DUL/DYNA/DUHL.  This took me a long time to figure out, so the trick isn't that common, however I started using these strings to limit some non-DUL tests to just the last hop with higher scoring, and did impact my ability to block spam on local accounts, however it took me quite a while to notice that it was going on (several months).

Matt

Andy Schmidt wrote:
Scott (in case you're not gone yet):

>> At this moment, Declude will not apply scores from any dnsbl, ip4r or rhsbl tests if they have either DUL, DYNA or DUHL in the name AND the Mail From matches a local user. <<

Does Declude REALLY trust the mail from and will bypass DUL/DYNA/DUHL test just by someone forging the mail from?

Never heard about that "bug"/behavior before?

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

Phone:  +1 201 934-3414 x20 (Business)
Fax:    +1 201 934-9206

MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
http://www.mailpure.com/software/