-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Darrell
([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 02:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Whitelisted- getting thru

Andy,

This works because the action on the "Postmaster" test is ROUTETO back to
the postmaster.

How it works
[1] Lowers the weight of the email by 100 so that the message will not be
held or deleted in our system [2] Re-routes the message back to the
postmaster only if the postmaster account was an actual recipient of that
email.

Our policy is that we want to accept any mail destined to the postmaster or
abuse account simply because if someone is being blocked by our spam
filtering we would like to give them the opportunity to contact us to
resolve the issue.

However, with just whitelisting the postmaster account you open yourself up
to allowing spam to your users if the spammer adds the postmaster account to
the email.

The solution above mitigates this, because it reroutes the message to the
postmaster preventing it from going to the user.  The -100 just prevents it
from being deleted.

So in the end
[1] The postmaster gets the mail and the other recipients don't.

Darrell