-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 8:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Maybe OT - Virtual domains and SPF

>If I have a virtual domain that is configured on my mail server, and I am
>looking at setting up an SPF record, is there somewhere that the virutual
>domain has to be specified?

Adding an SPF record for the domain works the same no matter how the domain
is handled by IMail.  So if you have a virtual domain example.com, you
would set up the SPF record exactly the same as you would if you had a
"real" domain of example.com.

>Is this possible to implement this with MS DNS?

Yes -- you just need to add a TXT record for your domain.  For example, if
the SPF wizard says your SPF record for example.com should be "v=spf1 mx a
-all", you would add a TXT record of "v=spf1 mx a -all" for the example.com
domain (I'm not that familiar with MS DNS, so I don't recall exactly how
you do that, but it should be fairly straightforward).

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers
since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.