----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Pereira" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Forgive me, but I don't really see the rationale that because an IP
> address has been flagged as sending viruses that it is also sending
> out SPAM.
>
> Can someone enlighten me on this ?

It is thought that systems that have been compromised by a virus can also be
hijacked by spammers to send out spam.  While this is true in many
instances, I believe that this is also the flaw in the new MTLDB test.  In
my experience, most people that get infected by a virus act pretty quickly
to clean patch their machines.  That's probably why we are seeing such a
high false-positive hit rate with this test.  With that said, I'm not sure
what they can do to make this test more accurate and reliable, but I will
wait and see, and maybe possibly be "shown the light" and re-enable the test
in the future.

Bill