-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Scott Fisher
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 9:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] SPF and MTLDB Issue?

A static spammer purchases a domain name.
He then sets up a SPF record for the domain name.
E-mail sent out from the domain name will pass the SPF test.

Scott Fisher
Director of IT
Farm Progress Companies

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/13/04 07:45AM >>>
I thought with SPF that it checked the DNS of the actual domain, so how
could spammers fake it with their own SPF settings?  For example if a
message comes from an AOL.com account, it should check the AOL.Com DNS, not
some other DNS server.  Maybe I am not understanding how this is working?

Sincerely,
Grant Griffith
EI8HT LEGS Enhanced Web Management
A Division of ETC