To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 10:37 AM
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Best Practices for handing legit email flagged as spam?

Hi all. We've been struggling a bit with this issue. We have a variety of tests in place, and basically have just changed our settings to:

WEIGHT10 WARN
WEIGHT20 BOUNCEONLYIFYOUMUST
WEIGHT40 DELETE

The hope is that it will bounce some of the false positives back to the senders so we don't get complaints from people that they are not receiving their emails (which previously were getting deleted) and that if it is "so offending" (it hits 40) that we delete it.

I know there is a HOLD option where we could review it, but:

1. How time consuming is it to go in and review these messages? Do you waste a lot of time doing it?

2. How exactly do you review these and, if it looks legit, flag it as OK to go? Are there any tools where you can basically browse through the subjects, senders, etc., like you would with Eudora or Outlook? Or do you have to manually look at each?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]