-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dan Horne
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 11:23 AM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Automated requeuing

I know from reading the list that some of you have set up your own automated systems that notify your users of held messages and allow them to requeue them automatically. I am hoping that one or more of you might be willing to offer guidance and help me set up such a system on my network.

Here's how I think it works:

A scheduled task fires up and runs a program (batch file?, vbscript?,
perl?) that looks through the hold directory, parses the Q and/or D
files to find addressee, mailfrom and subject.  Script then sends an
email to each user that has held email in the queue.  The email it sends
contains a list of all that user's held emails, along with a link for
each one that will re-queue the email somehow.

If anyone can provide sample scripts and/or a how-to, I'd be much
appreciative.

Thanks,

Dan Horne

[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by the University of Georgia SBDC Email
System.]

--
Richard Lanard
Information Technology Support