I think you're reading more into it than is there.

Verizon didn't deliver what it promised or, to say it differently,
Verizon didn't deliver what their customers had a reasonable
expectation of receiving. That's the issue.

The allegation, and I think it is probably true, is that Verizon
indiscriminately decided to block the IP space of certain countries.

We also block the IP space of Korea, China - you know the list, but
the difference is that all of our customers know we do it and don't
have a problem with it. We only have a couple of customers who want
mail from certain of the bad venues and we don't block those venues
WRT their mail delivery.

As long as your customers buy into what you are doing or at least know
up front, there is no issue with blocking countries or doing just
about anything else. No damage has been done to anyone.

OTOH, when some refugee from McDonalds tech tells the customer that's
what we're doing and tough luck, well, that's where the rubber meets
the road.

A class action makes sense because the individual damages are probably
small, but there are a lot of customers who were affected.  Yeah, the
lawyers will make a lot of money, but if it wasn't for them, all of us
Mickey Rooney sized peons wouldn't have a snow ball's chance to make
the Jolly Green Giant stop stepping on all our rose bushes.

All of our customers want us to do whatever we can to kill the flow of
Spam.  They know there will be some false positives, but we deal with
them on a case by case basis.

My $0.02 FWIW.

Thanks,

Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 1:56:02 PM, Darrell ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) <[EMAIL