Good afternoon.

I just resolved an issue with the upgrade from V3 to V4, and thought I'd
pass it along.
Our mail server is behind a pretty locked down firewall.

When upgrading from V2 to V3 we had an issue with the new version firing up
and then stopping. It was resolved when we allowed access through port 53 to
a declude server. This apparently is for the initial authorization of the
software. I think this is a one time event.

Upgrading from V3 to V4 we had the same problem. It was resolved with a
phone call and the discovery that that the initial authorization had been
moved from port 53 to port 25. After making that change to the firewall V4
runs fine.

So if upgrading from V2 to V3 behind a firewall check the firewall logs and
if blocked allow it access to declude via port 53, and port 25 for version 4
. I allowed both tcp and udp in and out, but only to the single specific ip
address.

John