Matt, is your Delcude gatewayed?  Or is it running on the same server as
Imail?

-Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:58 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Experience with 4.x

I indicated earlier that it looked like a relative 10% improvement
(about the difference between 35% and 32% hourly average CPU
utilization).  I would think that this comes primarily from not needing
to start the old declude executable every time, and the improvement
might be more substantial on a system with a overtaxed disk.  I don't
think the code is any more efficient as far as actual scanning goes.
Besides that, it's typically the virus scanners and external tests that
eat up most of the CPU on a Declude system and not Declude itself, and
those things haven't changed.

I'm guessing that it might perform much better when redlined though if
you tweak it right.  I believed that old Declude when getting rammed
with overflow seemed to not perform linearly with normal performance
with free CPU, but instead dropped, probably due to having a lot of CPU
wait time overhead (there's probably a more accurate term for this).
The new Declude can be more effectively controlled so as to not bog down
the system as much.  So performance here might be 2x or more when
redlined under optimal conditions.  This effect would be maximized if
Declude would tie launching threads to a CPU monitor instead of a fixed
number with no real clue as to what is perfect under any particular
situation.

Matt